Yesterday was quite a rainy day- it hardly stopped all day. Apart from working on an essay I have due this week, I didn't do much during the day. In the evening I went to visit a friend who lives on Park Street in central Bristol. Her student residence is quite nice. A bunch of study abroad friends came along and some British friends we have met here. At one point during the evening I was talking to some of the British friends and couldn't hear properly-I said "pardon me". They told me I shouldn't say pardon me because it is most commonly used when someone has just passed gas. Haha.
Today is gorgeous. I took a picture from my bedroom window. The sun is shinning bright- we are expecting rain later on today and again tomorrow but for now it is quite nice. I have a lot of school work to complete today and the essay to finish. The essay is not worth any marks but we are supposed to complete it anyway. If we fail the course there is a 1% chance that they then use this essay to make a decision- pass/fail.
I was expecting to take a day trip tomorrow to Lacock- a town outside of Bristol that is used regularly for filming of period movies such as Pride and Prejudice- however, the rain has changed those plans. Consequently I have no sight-seeing or travelling plans for this week.
Anyway, take care all. I will try to send some spring weather your way.
Cheers, laura
No comments:
Post a Comment